Wednesday, October 10, 2007

September Field Trips

It has been quite awhile since I have posted and I have decided I would like to start back up again. We are doing well here. We have been busy as always and have jumped full swing back into our school year. In September, we took several really good field trips. We went to Graves Mountain, where we learned about Virginia crops, planted some barley and wheat and had a garden tour. We also went to Colonial Williamsburg-just me and the kids. We went during homeschool week for one day. It was so much fun. We had hoped to do Jamestown also but we spent our whole day in Williamsburg. We spent alot of time at the folk art museum there. We were able to take the bus around to the stops so that was very helpful. We also toured the Capitol building there. We took the orientation tour also and that was interesting. Also this month, we toured a local hospital. The kids enjoyed that as well. Boy scouts(Allen), Blue Knights(Joey and Allen), Little Flowers(Laura), Chess club(older 3), Church homeschool(all) kickoff party also started this month. Allen, Laura and Joey are also all doing soccer which means 3 different practices and games. So that is a quick update of last month. Oh yeah, we did fit some schooling in there as well. I hope to post more often to share our thoughts and activities.

No comments: