Saturday, March 03, 2007

Reconciliation

Today Laura made her First Reconciliation. She was very well prepared but also very nervous. We talked alot about how happy she would feel afterwards andit was ok to feel scared or nervous. Laura and I went and arrived a little early. The whole church said a rosary and then the service began. It began with a song, which Laura loved. Then a short gospel and homily. Everyone said the Act of Contrition together so the kids didn't have to say it in the confessional for the first time. Then the ushers led the kids to a priest. There were 6 priests there. Laura went to Father Holmes. She was hoping for one she knew but that was ok. I stood in line with her until it was her turn. Then she very slowly walked up there. She decided to go face to face. I went back to our pew. From where we were I could see her sitting and talking and nodding away. She left with a beautiful smile on her face saying, "That was fun!" Exactly what I thought Laura would be like. At the back of the church she received her certificate and a "Little Acts of Grace" book. Then she and a few others who were done knelt down in front of a statue to Mary and were told a short story and prayed to consecrate themselves to Mary. It was beautiful!!

Afterwards Laura and I met my friend Renee and her girls for lunch at Friendly's and shopping at JoAnn fabrics. It was a nice time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Laura liked her first Reconciliation experience. I know she was really nervous and I'm really proud of her.

Love, Grandmom