Friday, October 19, 2007
Adoration
Something that the children and I have been doing off and on for several years now is going to Adoration for a few minues every week. This has been so nice. It is a peaceful time to go into the church and pray together. We started out at only 5 minutes at a time but now we usually do between 15 and 20 minutes. The kids will spread out at first and say their own private prayers, then they come gather around me and wait until I am done. Sometimes they will look at the pray books we bring, other times we light a candle. Not every time we go is perfect but I am so grateful to bring this experience to my kids. Noone complains about going(although there are times when they are done quite quickly). And they are learning to be respectful of those around us who are praying. Most people think it is great that I bring the kids(even on their more active days!) I just enjoy doing this for us. It helps me refocus on everything, puts me in a better mood if I am having a trying day, brings us all closer to God. I just wanted to share my thoughts on this and how it is being incorporated into our week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment