Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Friends
One of my closest friends was induced on Friday. With many thanks to my mom, I was able to be with her the entire time(which turned out to be a long long day indeed!) I went to the hospital about 9 in the mornig and Lucas was born at 5:49 pm. I was there for most of the time with Renee. Her husband and 3 girls were there as well. It was a slow process for the most part. In the afternoon, I took the girls out for a short time so they could get a break from the hospital. As the induction progressed, obviously the pain did also and we took turns being with the girls in the waiting room. For the most part I was in the room, till I heard the dr. say I see the head! Then I went running down the hall so her husband could get in there. He barely made it in time. I kept the girls in the waiting room for a short time then we all went down to meet their new little brother. It was very exciting. He was very cute and we got to touch him while they took care of Renee. Finally(about an hour later!) They finally let Sean hold Lucas. Then Renee was able to. She did then passed him off to the girls and me for a turn. After that we all left Renee and the baby to get to know each other. As of right now, he has been released however has jaundice very badly so he is in our prayers. It was quite a privilege to be there for Renee and the birth of her son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment