Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our first tea time!

One gift I had asked for my birthday was a tea set. My parents came through for me (thanks mom and dad!!) and bought me a cute brown tea set with fall like flowers for the design. I woke up early and searched for a recipe we could make. After lunch, Allen made the "Old Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookie" recipe I found online. Everyone helped get the tea set ready, Joey filled the sugar bowl, Laura and Anthony worked on getting the cups ready. Then laura decided to put a Halloween tablecloth on the table on our deck(what a great touch!) So we took our cookies and tea set and went out their for a snack. It was a lot of fun. We all sat around and enjoyed our drinks. Laura and Anthony had hot chocolate and Joey, Allen, and I had tea. The cookies were delicious. It was decided we must do this again soon. The kids voted for everyday, but I said we should try for at least once a week and see how it goes. I was so excited to be able to do. I have read about the idea for quite awhile and we have done some small tea party ideas before but to use our tea set and make a new snack was great!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey Tracy, Ive been reading your blogs. Just wanted to let you know that I decided to start one too :o) Here's mine: http://planetpayne.blogspot.com/