Saturday, May 06, 2006


Space Day

Friday we went to the Air and Space Museum's Space Day. The kids and I had a lot of fun. When we first got there it was very crowded. However as the day went on many people left. The first activity the kids did was to sign their name on a poster that will go up in a future space mission. Then they made gliders, drew a mission patch, had a balloon race, helped "Dock" a "lunar module", try on an astronauts helmet, touched space shuttle tiles, got 3-d glasses and looked atpics of space, learned what astronauts suits were made of and what they ate, looked at the many planes and topped it off with a trip to McDonalds at the museum. We didn't get to meet an astronaut but we did get a signed picture. We saw him but the line was too long. The theme was Living and Working on the Moon. I got the picture from http://nasa.gov website. It has a lot of great info on it. Overall the kids did great. AJ was pretty content in his stroller most of the time-especially when he got a balloon to hold. J. stayed with us and didn't try to wander off on his own interests. We actually didn't even do every activity they had. I thought it went pretty well. I tried to make sure each kid got to do the things they really wanted to without overwhelming the others. A. remembered many facts from our tour there a few months ago and shared them with me. I thought that was great-especially because he went on the older kids tour and I stayed with the others so most of it was new to me. Anyways what a fun day and we look forward to it next year. As we were leaving the museum J. turned to me and said "thank you mommy for taking us. I had so much fun". That was my favorite moment. Since they sometimes don't seem to appreciate going places it was nice to hear!

No comments: