
snake!
Today was a fun day. The kids are excited about our upcoming campout. They already started packing even though it is over a week away. Today while in the backyard we saw a snake in the ditch while L. and I were picking up her ball. We realized a snake was under it after I had picked it up. We all got a close up look and watched it for a short time. We went online and found it was a common garter snake. We read a little about it. The kids had a few questions about it so that was neat. They wanted to know if it was harmful and what it ate, where it came from, etc. It was about 12 inches or so long. I was proud of myself because I could have been real scared and told the kids to get away from it but I didn't. L. was very scared but when she saw the rest of us gathered nearby she came over and watched to. Nobody touched it but we just looked at it. It didn't move while we were observing it. We wondered where it would go. We ended up going in for awhile and we came out again it was gone. It was kind of cloudy today so there was only a short time in the pool. It was too cold. After lunch everyone played outside while AJ took a nap. Then we made strawberry banana shake and french fries for our snack. We read a book about our planets during snack time. Everyone played with friends today also. L and several of her girl friends took AJ out and played with him for a long time. He loved it! A's friend is going to help him fix his bike(we'll see.) J. ended up taking a late nap and waking up right before I left for my church Parish Council meeting. I was representing the homeschool group this month(just giving them updates as to what we are up too.) The meeting was interesting since I got to hear alot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes at church.
No comments:
Post a Comment