Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Outside time

As the weather has turned warmer my kids are ready to spend more time outside . They wake up and get dressed because they want to go out. We have many lessons done in the backyard now. They practice their play lines, do math, reading, read alouds, science, social studies,and even music. While we are out playing I have been putting on a cd by our composer of the month. Today was so sweet. We have put up L.'s flowery tent in the yard. We put a blanket under it and all gathered under it and I read about Beethoven while we listened to the music. I said I was only going to read a few pages and when I stopped the kids asked me to please keep reading-they said how much they enjoyed it. That was so enjoyable. This is a picture of the tent from www.hearthstone.com Hopefully I can get a pic of my kids soon. We also had a visit from my dh's mom, sister and their two cousins today. We took them to the creek where they enjoyed throwing sticks in the water , finding a caterpillar and crossing the bridge. We are looking forward to seeing them all at the beach this summer.

No comments: