Friday, November 09, 2007
Unexpected ER Visit
Today started out late last night, with Anthony awaking with cries about his leg hurting. The last few mornings he had mentined his leg hurting when he woke up but then was fine the rest of the day. He spent a lot of the night in pain and I decided I would call the dr. to get him in to be seen. When I called the dr., they couldn't get him until late afternoon, so I decided to take him to the ER since he was in pain. I figured he must have hurt his knee with all the jumping around he has been doing lately. Well, they did 4 x rays on his knee and hip. Then the dr. came in and asked more questions. They decided they needed blood work and did a strep test. It turns out he has an infection in his knee not a sprained knee. He is know on antibiotics. We were at the hospital most of the day. The kids were terrific there. It was so cute because all 4 of them were laying in the bed together watching tv. It was a sweet sight to see them all close together. As the dr. started talking about blood work, I started getting real worried about what was going on. They had to put a little catheter in his hand to take blood because they needed to do it 2 times so instead of poking him twice that was their solution. It was all wrapped up and not too comfortable for him. He was a great sport though and cooperated very well. Of course he cried when they poked him but that was it. They gave me an information sheet of cellulitis. They also wrapped his leg up with instructions to get him back to the dr. on Monday, sooner if he starts to run a fever. After we left, we grabbed a quick bite to eat then went to Walmart. He is on an antibiotic and we got it filled. The poor kid was so wiped out he fell asleep in the cart. When we got home I called his dad and my mom. Then I gave him his medicine and made a few more calls. We will keep a close eye on him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment