Tuesday, June 13, 2006




Our Weekend

Friday was a good day for me. I was able to go to a Catholic Homeschhol Convention for a few hours and my parents watched my kids. It's been awhile since I have gone to a convention so I enjoyed listening to a few speakers and browsing and buying at the vendor sale. Also Laura and Allen spent the night at my sisters so we just had two kiddos that night. Saturday we just went grocery shopping and hung around the house. On Sunday we had a friend over for a visit. She has 3 girls and Laura is good friends with them. And the mom and I are good friends. It was a nice visit. Sunday night we went to 5:30 mass. Many homeschoolers went and paricipated in this mass since we were having our church homeschool graduation party afterwards. Joey slept the whole mass and Anthony most of it so that was a good break. Then we all headed down to the parish hall for a potluck dinner,talent show, academic fair and graduation. There was quite a turnout(as there is always) and lots of good food toe at. The academic fair was for whoever wanted to particpate and show off anything they wanted from that year. It was set up in a corner for browsing at your own leisure. The kids didn't have to stay with it. Laura and Allen each did display boards. I thought this was a neat idea to have the kids do. Then they handed out certificates which the parents filled out. So Laura finished 1st grade and Allen 3rd grade. Afterwards was the talent show. It was getting late so we decided not to stay long(but we were there long for Joey to join in on the microphone after a performance on his own to speak and make everyone laugh! That was unexpected but shouldn't have been knowing Joey!!LOL!) Next year I'll sign him up! Anyways it was a really nice night!

No comments: