We have been very busy is seems since we have come back from our ski trip. Last Friday I went to a MOMS retreat for the evening. The kids had chess and Allen had a boy scout sleepover. I had a great time at my retreat. We said prayers, talked about Lent, played games and had snacks. Allen had a great time at his Scout event. He will be able to receive the first scout rank when he crosses over next month. He also said they played X-box all night long. He had a basketball game on Saturday morning. He did well. Last weekend, my parents watched Anthony and Joey and I, Allen, Allen and Laura went to see National Treasure 2 at the movie theater. It ahs been a long time since we went out to the movies. The prices were mcu higher than we expected!! Anyways it was a fun movie and we all enjoyed it. Then on Sunday, after church I took Allen and Laura and we went to Mount Vernon. They were doing basement tours for a limited time so you could see where part of the movie was shot. We had never been there and it was also fun. We toured the house, saw the basement,saw their graves, walked through the farm, went through the education center and saw a movie with special effects. We were there till it closed. On the way home we stopped off at Allen's parents for a quick visit. Then we went home and watched the superbowl. Great game- good to the end!!
Wednesday was Ash Wednesday. We went to 8:30 mass. We talked about Lent. We are trying to give up certain things and do more also. We are limiting computer and tv time and cutting way back on snacks. We are donating money to the poor box and will put in money that is lost for various offenses(like fighting with each other). Anthony was running a fever all day. I took Laura to my dad's school. She spent Wed. and Thursday night with them and went to school with my dad. She really enjoyed it. On Friday my mom picked Laura up and then came over to watch the boys while Laura and I went to her Little Flower meeting. I was in charge of her group this month. We did the topic of prudence and St. Angela Merici.
On Saturday, Laura and I went to see The Princess and the Goblin play the Sparks group put on. They did a great job. Then we met the boys at Allen's basketball game. Tough loss-not a very good game for the team. After chruch on Sunday was the pancake breakfast. All the kids were good in church and there. It is a favorite monthly activity(food always is!!)
Okay that's our update on recent activities.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment