Sunday, February 24, 2008

Icy Friday

Friday was supposed to be a very busy day. Instead with ice on the roads every activity got cancelled. The kids were supposed to go to the courthouse-that was cancelled. And then I was in charge of the Lenten supper for our church. After spending most of the morning watching the weather and trying to get ahold of someone at the church I finally made the decision to cancel. I sent out emails and called everyone. About 5 minutes later someone from the church called and told me they were all closed down and was glad to hear I cancelled. About 15 minutes after that the church office called and said Father said we should cancel. Good- since I had already told everyone else it was. Anyways we made banana bread for tea time and stayed inside. Then I made my first homemade soup -vegetable split pea soup. It had split peas(of course!), carrots, celery and red potatos. Laura cut up all the vegetables for it and we cooked it in our stock pot. It was good!! I was very happy to do it. It was a lot of fun!

No comments: