Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Another Update
Well another busy week has passed. Last week, several of the kids took turns not feeling well, having a little fever, headache, and sore throat. Laura missed art class due to her being ill. On Valentine's Day, Laura went to school with my dad again. The kids had invited her to their Valentine's party so she wanted to go. She had a fun time there. We picked her up and then went to our homeschool group's Valentine party. Over 70 kids were there. It was alot of fun. There was lots of food, sharing valentines and crafts. After the party, we went to the church and Laura visited with Father Melmer. He has started a birthday club for the children and she got a postcard(saying sorry it was late) in the mail telling her to come by the office on a Thursday. He invited her in and gave her a little goody bag(roasry, booklet on rosary, holy card, medal and candy bar.) He talked to her for about 5-10 minutes and then she came out. She was the first child to visit him. How cool she thought that was! After this we went and got Laura's Girl Scout cookies from the cookie mom. On Saturday, Joey had a special day with his grandparents Matthys. They took him out for his birthday shopping. He got some clothes and a Mythology book and a lego chess set which he really likes. Allen had a basketball game Saturday morning(they won!) Then we went over to my parents and visited them. We got to see Terri and Taylor(who is walking all over now!) Then I went to a baby shower for 2 of my friends. Busy day. On Sunday, Allen fixed my washer! Yeah!!! Almost 6 weeks without one I am very happy to have it working again!! On MOnday, I decided to visit our church blood drive and give blood for the first time. The kids were terrific(I got many compliments). It is something I have always wanted to do and was able to this month. Yesterday Laura had art and Allen had basketball practice. However the biggest news is - WE GOT A WII!!! The kids have been saving their money for months and we finally found 1 in stock at Walmart. We went while Laura was in art class. We were waiting because we had been told they don't know till 10:30 and I saw someone with one. Then we asked and she said there was 1 left and to hurry to the register. We got there in time and bought it. How exciting. And then we waited all day till Allen got home at 8:15 to open it. Schoolwork and chores this morning was done in a flash so they could play the wii. We'll see how long that motivation lasts! Ok, I think I hit all the high points of our last week. We have a few busy days ahead so I'll post again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment