Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Icy Days
The last two days, we have had ice and a little snow. We have stayed inside. We got our work done and then the kids had friends over to play. I am trying to declutter. It is a neverending task at this point. But every time I fill a give away bag or trash bag it feels great!! we need to simplify and get rid of stuff we dont' need. It is hard because I have always kept everything and have already passed that trait onto the kids. I am doing it slowly though and I am ready to say goodby to a lot of the unnecessary stuff I have kept. I am trying not to just push things from one pile to another but to find a place or get rid of. But it takes time and with the 4 kids home all day obviously it is a slow process. Right now I feel like I start a project in one room and then don't get it finished. Or I get the living room looking decent, turn around and kapow! an explosion of toys, blankets, etc. I am trying not to get discouraged and realize that once things have their place then it doesn't take so long to clean up the mess. This has been a long battle for me but now I am in it for the best for my family. We just can't have and don't need so much stuff. As Flylady says, Babysteps!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the new look for the blog! Also, I understand the decluttering, it is so liberating, but difficult at the same time. Keep it up, it becomes addicting!!! :-)
Post a Comment