Monday, January 29, 2007
White House
On Friday, we toured the White House with our church homeschool group. There were probably about 50 people. The kids, my mom and I had to leave at 5:30 am. I was very pleased that I had everyone pick out clothes, coasts, hats and gloves. We knew it was going to be a cold day. We really couldn't bring anything into the White House so we had to be careful with what we put in our pockets. We took Metro and got there a few minutes early. We saw the rest of our group at the Visitor Center. Then we had to wait there an extra bit of time before we were allowed to walk over to the White House. While there, we got to look at the exhibits and watch a movie. Finally, it was time to go in. We had to get checked in by security and go through a metal detector. The kids were great. We started off in a hall with many pictures and portraits of Presidents. Then we saw the Library and Vermeil Room. Up the stairs we went and saw the East Room. Laura remembered that from a play we had seen a few months ago. Then we went through the other colorful rooms and the State Dining Room. It got very crowded as soon as the tour started so that was a bit uncomfortable to me. It was short but the kids enjoyed it. I was very proud of their good behavior there. Then we walked back to Metro and headed home. The kids enjoyed it and so did I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment