Friday, August 22, 2008

Update

Ok, so I haven't been on since day 3 of school. We have been very busy here. Last Thursday my dad had to have an operation for a hernia. We went to the hospital to see him. It was an outpatient procedure but we still wanted to go by and say hi. After visiting and waiting with my mom till he got the ok to leave we did some other things in the area. The kids other grandmom was also home that day so we visited her before we saw my dad and then she met us for lunch later in the day. Then the kids and I went to the mall and walked around for a short time. Terri and Taylor had been with my mom since early in the morning and also joined us for lunch and mall walking. Laura went home with them to spend the night. The boys and I went back to Anne's for a visit. It was a nice time. On Friday, Terri, Taylor and Laura were up early to drive to our house so we could all make it to 8:30 mass before we headed up to NJ. After mass, I had to finish collecting the school supplies for our adopt a kid and drop off the backpack. Then we ran to Walmart to get some snacks. Finally we were on the road. We drove and stopped for lunch at Burger King. Then we finished the drive. We hit traffic in Delaware but that's ok. We made it to my aunt's house about 4:30. We went to the park for a short bit and then Allen went with his cousin to soccer practice. On Saturday, the kids got up and played. I did a short walk. Then we got ready to go to my cousin, Steve's Eagle scout ceremony. Allen and my cousin Joey wore their scout uniforms. When we got to the ceremony, the boys went up with the other scouts. We all stayed downstairs for a short time, then went up to the church. I had Taylor and Anthony. I gave Laura the camera. I was in and out of the ceremony with the little ones. It was a nice ceremony though and it was cool to see Steve get his awards. I'm glad we were there. Afterwards, there was a reception downstairs. There was lots of food and desserts. There was also a table with Steve's awards and pictures of him set out. It was nice. After all this, our day still wasn't done because we went back to my Aunt Sue's and celebrated Steve graduating from high school and Tim graduating from college. It was a nice party-long but nice. I stayed with the kids mostly. I ended up taking my kids, Taylor,and my cousins kids-Phoebe, Jake and Joey to the park. We walked there and played for awhile. Overall, everyone had a good time and I am glad we went. We ended up back at my Aunt Mary's house around 10:00. In the morning, we went to 8:30 mass and came back and ate breakfast and then left to come home. We got home around 2:30. Busy weekend.

On Monday we started our school work again. It is going well. On Wednesday the kids did their pokemon battles. I went out to a Moms sharing group meeting. Yesterday,my dad had surgery again because he hadan infection. He is doing better now and we will see him today. Joey also had his first soccer practice last night. He did well. He is the smallest and youngest team member this year. We'll see how that goes.

Ok I think that catches up the basic things that have been going on around here for the last 10 days!

No comments: