Monday, July 07, 2008

Beach Fun!

We got back from our vacation at the Outer Banks on Saturday. We had a great time. We were there for a week. We started our trip last Saturday. We went to the Wright Brothers Memorial and spent about 3 hours there. The kids earned their Junior Ranger badge by completing activities and attending programs. Then we headed on to the beach house. It still wasn't ready so we went and bought a soda and ate some snacks we brought. Then we headed over to the beach to wait. Patti and Andy, Paige and Anna were all there enjoying the sand and water. Our kids jumped right in clothes and all and started their fun trip. We finally could get in the house and unload the cars. We ordered pizza for dinner and had fun at the pool. On Sunday-more of the same beach and pool and eating out for dinner. Monday -the same. Ah-this is the life! Tuesday-we went to dinner and got ice cream out. Laura and I ran out and looked at a few stores. My bathing suit was all ripped up so I needed a new one. I found one I liked and Anne was nice enought to get it for me. I really like it. On Wednesday-I took Allen and Laura to see The Lost Colony Play. We all really enjoyed it. It was very intense though and had a lot of questions asked about it. On Wednesday?, our family went to see the movie Walle. It was pretty good. I thought it had a lot of themes that were over the kids head. Anthony and Joey thought it was kind of sad. Allen asked me alot more about it that evening. On Thursday, Allen stayed with his grandparents and swam and the rest of our family went to the bird/nature trail that was nearby. Joey got a river otter t-shirt that he really wanted. Thursday night we had a campfire on the beach. Allen and Allen dug the hole and started the fire. patti's family broguht the s'more items and we sat and talked and played. That was a whole lot of fun!! On Friday(4th of July) we went to Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. Allen and the 3 older kids were able to climb it. Anthony wasn't tall enough yet. We spent a lot of time there while the kids completed their Junior Ranger activities. Then we went and played mini golf. We actually went the night before and we were allowed to do 2 rounds so we did one that night and the second one on Friday. We watched people shoot fireworks off(even though it was illegal) from our deck. The kids swam at night. It was a great week.

No comments: