Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fall Plans

Making Plans For Fall

One of the best things about continuing to homeschool is that I can see my children grow in so many areas! It is terrific to be there for the best and worst days of their lives. I feel like I know my children pretty well. However it is more than just knowing what they like. It involves listening and trying out new ways and ideas if things are not going well. We have homeschooled since the beginning. We have also always been an "on the go" family. Everyday we are running -not just in the morning but all day, evenings, weekends. Well this Fall we are stepping back. This past summer we have spent more time at home. It has been great! We all are enjoying the less hectic pace. So I am working on my goals for this year. Not just school goals but individual and family goals as well. We will be involved in activities but mostly afternoon ones. We will not be gone from the house for most of the week. We need the morning time to do our work and not be rushed getting out the door. This will be fine once in a while but not all the time. We are not going to go field trip crazy and hit everywhere every week! It is so easy to get caught up in all this. The most important thing I am learning is to say "no". Not meanly, not because I am too busy but because it is best for us if I am not always saying yes and over committing our family or me. I will post more on my goals tomorrow.

No comments: